Total Community Model - Recycling
The Harraseeket Inn, An Enviromentally Friendly, Green Hotel
We Recycle Everything Possible
- 1-7 plastic
- Cardboard and paper
- All glass
- All metal cans and foil
- Electronics and other technological products
- Linens, towels, old furniture
- other useable things
- We recycle all our used fryolator oil by converting it to biodiesel for use in our tractor and company vehicles.
- We use a single-stream recycling system where all recyclable products are placed in one ten yard dumpster to be picked up weekly.
- Electronics and durable goods are taken to the Freeport transfer station for pickup.
- Scrap metals and other miscellaneous debris are taken to appropriate locations for resale and recycling.
- We have one ten yard dumpster that is dumped once per week or bi-weekly, depending on need.
- Housekeeping waste from rooms will be sorted in the trash house by the steward to remove recyclable and compostable materials, bathroom waste bags will not be opened, and will go directly into the dumpsters.
- Efforts will be increased to replace non-recyclable products with recyclable or biodegradable products: straws, tasting spoons, butter chips, spring water, room amenities…..